I am a software developer and markup specialist from Hamburg. My main job is to head the research and development department of the Hamburg State and University Library, Hamburg's largest general academic library, and the central library of the University of Hamburg and the city's other higher education institutions.
I also offer consulting and training as a side project.
You can find an overview of all software projects on SourceHut and related publications under my ORCiD.
Consulting & Training
With 10+ years of professional experience in academic libraries, I offer consulting and training.
- XML for Digital Humanists (XML, XSLT, ISO Schematron, RELAX NG, TEI ODD)
- Processing and publishing library data (MARC, PICA, MODS, LIDO et al.)
- Building and maintaining XML-based workflows
- Developing custom solutions (modules) for VuFind®-based discovery systems
Digital projects do not always go as planned and run into crises. In these cases, too, I am available to provide advice and help you get the project back on track and complete it successfully. Of course, with the necessary discretion and consideration for all stakeholders!
- European Association for Digital Humanities
- Free Software Foundation
- Markup UK Programmkomitee
- Text Encoding Initiative
- VuFind® Project Management Committee
Unterm Heilbrunnen 5